State Authorization for Distance Education

Manna University offers distance education in accordance with the regulations of the United States Department of Education and the regulations of each state or territory.

The National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (NC-SARA) is a voluntary agreement among its member states and U.S. territories that establishes comparable national standards for interstate offering of post-secondary distance-education courses and programs. It is intended to make it easier for students to take online courses offered by post-secondary institutions based in another state.

NC-SARA State Portal Entity Contact

For more information on NC-SARA in North Carolina, contact Terrence R. Scarborough, M.P.A.

  • by mail:
    Director of SARA North Carolina
    North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority
    P.O. Box 14103
    Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
  • by phone: 919-549-8614, ext. 4667
  • by email:
  • state website:

Procedure for Undergraduate and Graduate Student Complaints (Online and On-Campus)

Should a student have a complaint, the student should follow these steps:

  1. Students may submit a formal complaint regarding issues from the current or previous term of enrollment (should be within 20 business days of the incident).
  2. Official student grievances must be expressed via the Manna U Student Complaint Form (click the hyperlink – note: sign into your student account to access this form).
  3. The Dean of Students or the appropriate designee will review the complaint and accompanying documentation and refer the complaint to the appropriate Manna U office (Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Academics, etc.).
  4. The leadership of the appropriate Manna U office will render a decision regarding the complaint and will notify the student of the decision via official Manna U email.
  5. If the student is not satisfied with the outcome of their initial complaint, they may appeal within 5 business days of the rendered decision while providing additional support/documentation for review.
  6. A second review will be completed by a higher authority whose decision will be considered final.

Contact the Dean of Students:

  • by email:
  • by phone: 910-221-2224
  • by mail:
    Manna University
    439 Westwood Shopping Center
    PMB 106
    Fayetteville, NC 28314


If a student submitting a grievance is not satisfied with the determination of the Academic Dean, the matter will be brought to the Manna U President for further review and appropriate action. The President’s decision is final.

Complaint Process for Manna U’s Accrediting Body and Government Agencies

    If the person filing a grievance with Manna University does not feel the issue is being adequately addressed by Manna U, he/she may submit their complaint to the organizations provided below.  Out-of-state students who wish to file a complaint with their home state should refer to the State Authorization Liaisons Per State responsible for handling complaints.

    To view the Student Complaint Information by State and Agency, follow this link:


    Grievance process for The Association for Biblical Higher Education

    Manna U is accredited through the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE). ABHE’s Policy on Complaints Against an Institution or Accredited Program can be found on pages 101-105 of the Commission on Accreditation Manual (PDF). Grievances must be submitted using the ABHE Complaint Form (PDF).

    Questions about complaints to the ABHE can be addressed in the following ways:

    • by email:
    • by mail:
      Director, COA
      5850 T.G. Lee Boulevard, Suite 130
      Orlando, FL 32822

    ABHE’s website:
    ABHE’s phone number: 407-207-0808


    Grievance process for the United States Department of Education

    Questions about complaints to the USDE can be addressed to the U.S. Department of Education Family Policy Compliance Office in the following ways:

    • by phone: 1-800-872-5327
    • by mail:
      U.S. Department of Education
      Family Policy Compliance Office
      400 Maryland Avenue, SW
      Washington, DC 20202- 4605

    USDE Family Policy Compliance Office website:


    NC Post-Secondary Education Complaint Process

    If students are unable to resolve a complaint through the institution’s complaint procedures, they may also review the Student Complaint Policy (PDF) for North Carolina Post-Secondary Education institutions, print out and complete the Student Complaint Form (PDF), and submit the complaint to:
    North Carolina Post-Secondary Education Complaints
    c/o Student Complaints
    University of North Carolina System Office
    910 Raleigh Road
    Chapel Hill, NC 27514

    For more information, students can contact the NC Post-Secondary Education offices:


    SARA-NC Complaint Process and Information

    Students may also file a complaint through SARA-NC. SARA-NC is the portal for North Carolina.

    SARA North Carolina
    P.O. Box 14103
    Research Triangle Park, NC 27709

    • telephone: (855) SARA-1-NC (727-2162)
    • telephone: 919-549-8614, ext. 4667
    • email:
    • website:

    Link to SARA-NC Complaint Process:

    Link to SARA-NC Complaint Form:


    Professional Licensure Disclosure

    Please note that Manna U’s certificate and degree programs do not fulfill professional licensure requirements.

    It's not too late to apply for our Spring 2023 semester!