Frequently Asked Questions

General Questions

Maybe, but we need to know your circumstances. Please contact our admissions team for more information.


No, we do not, but there are several apartment complexes close to our campus. You can contact our admissions team for more information.


We believe it is best for students to resolve a balance with another institution before starting a program of study with Manna U. Exceptions may apply in some circumstances – please be in touch with our admissions team for more information.


Yes. Every Manna U degree can be completed taking online courses exclusively. Students can take a mix of on-campus and online courses if they prefer.


Yes, we do. Please see Transfer Credit Criteria for details, and be in touch with our admissions team for more information.


Yes, we do. Training and classroom experience from Youth with A Mission can be considered as a part of the transfer credit evaluation. Be in touch with our admissions team for more information.


Financial Aid Questions

To apply for grants, loans, work-study and some scholarships you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is used to determine your eligibility for federal and university aid programs. Even if you think you may not be eligible, we encourage you to apply. The FAFSA is available beginning October 1. We encourage you to file your FAFSA online as soon as possible to avoid errors and ensure faster processing.


Manna University’s School Code is 041737.


Yes. Complete the FAFSA beginning October 1 for each academic year in which you plan to be enrolled.  Each academic year begins with the summer semester.


The Expected Family Contribution is a measure of your family’s financial strength and is calculated according to a formula established into law by the Department of Education. Your family’s taxes, untaxed income, assets, and benefits such as unemployment are all considered in the formula. Also considered are your family size and the number of family members who will attend college during the academic year. Your EFC is not the amount of money your family will have to pay for college nor is it the amount of federal student aid you will receive. It is a number used to calculate the amount of Federal and State aid a student is eligible to receive.


You are still required to answer the questions about them if you are considered a dependent student.


You cannot be considered independent of your parents just because they refuse to help you with this process. If you do not provide their information on the FAFSA, the application will be rejected and prevent awarding of financial aid. Please contact the Financial Aid Office with questions on what we can do to help.


You may request consideration of special circumstances. All requests must include supporting documentation.  Click here for more information.


The Registrar bills students for tuition, required fees, and other charges. Three weeks after the start of each term the Financial Aid Office will disburse each student’s financial aid directly to their Populi account. Before aid is disbursed to a student’s account, they must meet all eligibility requirements.


You can receive a funded scholarship while using financial aid but you cannot receive an unfunded scholarship such as Life Long Learner. 


Not all students will receive a Pell grant, whether they will receive this grant is based on their EFC, which they receive by filling out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). 


Money is disbursed three weeks after classes begin and will go into your Populi account then, refund checks are available the following week, unless you are a new student then your loans are disbursed after four weeks. (We are required to wait 31 days to make sure the student is engaging in their courses for loans). 


Students will receive an email with a step-by-step process of how to apply for financial aid, including instructions for Campus Ivy, Student Enrollment Agreement, and Financial Aid Check-in. The email with the instructions is on the following page. Once you have completed these documents you will be able to view the status of your progress on Campus Ivy. 


Students must fill out a financial aid check in form (indicates if they are looking for Pell, Unsub Loans, Sub Loans, or all the above as well as the terms they’re taking classes, and they’re enrollment status). The financial aid check in form must be filled at the beginning of each school year (summer semester). Additionally, students must fill out a Student Enrollment Agreement, this needs to be filled out every time a student starts a new degree program (including new students who have just started). 


Campus Ivy has a student self-registration. This is sent in an email once the student has been accepted, titled, “Guide to the federal student aid process.” Students occasionally have issues with this link, it may need to be copied and pasted into their search bar on their browser or try a different browser, as the link is correct.