Doctor of Ministry
The Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) Program is a professional and terminal degree designed to equip experienced pastors and Christian leaders to advance their understanding and develop and implement effective strategies in their perspective ministry contexts. Students in this 100% online program learn through a cohort model designed to provide practical and moral support in the learning experience. Peer level relationships enhance the learning experience, which develops collaborative relationships that last beyond degree completion.
The D.Min. journey is a pivotal point in your spiritual formation and professional development. Students in the Manna University D.Min. program learn from a cadre of highly qualified and experienced scholar-practitioners. In this program you’ll learn how to strategically diagnose and address issues in ministry and various organizational contexts – all from a biblical and Holy Spirit empowered and informed perspective. You’ll explore leadership development, spiritual formation and renewal, and put it all together in a practical culminating project designed for real-world application.
- Analyze and evaluate ministry methodologies in context for effectiveness in advancing God’s kingdom to reach and disciple the harvest.
- Synthesize a theology of ministry consistent with biblical truth and effective kingdom-advancing ministry strategies & tactics
- Develop a research-based ministry project that addresses specific ministry objectives and that produces measurable kingdom growth.
- Create and present a strategic plan detailing implementation of the ministry project.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to lead with integrity grounded in a Judeo-Christian worldview and values system.
Time & Cost
Many people would like to complete a degree and stay out of debt.
The D.Min. degree requires 10 courses (or 30 credit hours), which can be completed within 2 years for full-time students. All courses are offered online. Manna U’s low tuition rates enable students to receive solid biblical training from accomplished faculty with years of ministry experience and not be hindered financially.
Full details can be found in the 2022-2023 Graduate Academic Catalog.
|Course Number||Course Name||Credit Hours|
|MENG 500||Graduate Student Orientation||0|
|PMIN 700||Foundation for Doctoral Ministry||3|
|PMIN 701||Minister’s Life & Calling||3|
|PMIN 702||Advanced Ministry Administration||3|
|PMIN 703||Ministry Research Methods||3|
|PMIN 704||Ministry Research Analyses||3|
|PMIN 705||Kingdom & Church Development||3|
|PMIN 810||High Capacity Leadership||3|
|PMIN 870||D.Min. Ministry Project Proposal||3|
|PMIN 880||D.Min. Ministry Project||3|
|PMIN 890||D.Min. Culminating Project Report||3|
|Total Credit Hours:||30|
To become a student at Manna U, follow these two steps:
1. Complete an application, which includes:
- A non-refundable application fee of $50 (linked to application)
- An essay, written by the applicant, of his/her conversion experience (300-600 words), in a format that is typed and double spaced, using 12 pt. font size;
- A Pastoral Reference* from the Pastor of the church that the applicant regularly attends;
- A Personal Reference* from someone who has known you for two years or more and is not related to you.
* Applicants will enter an email address for their selected references and a link to the online reference forms will be sent once the application is submitted.
2. Order your official high school, G.E.D., or previous college transcripts (minimum 2.0 GPA is preferred).
Note: official transcripts are sent directly from one school/college to another. You can arrange to have your transcripts sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, or a paper copy can be sent to our mailing address:
Attn: Registrar’s Office
439 Westwood Shopping Center
Fayetteville, NC 28314
All applicants applying for admission to one of Manna U’s graduate programs must submit official transcripts showing an earned undergraduate degree from an accredited institution, or an equivalent academic achievement approved by Manna U’s Academic Office. Students who plan to use military education benefits must submit transcripts from high school and all colleges attended.
Students who plan to use military education benefits must submit transcripts from high school and all colleges attended.
Frequently Asked Questions
“I knew I had a call on my life to ministry, but I was not sure what that looked like exactly. After I earned a graduate degree at Liberty University, I thought I was finished with school. I quickly got involved in ministry, particularly with small groups and chaplaincy, but I was still uncertain about what exact ministry to pursue. God led me to apply for the D.Min. at Manna University. My professors have taught me, coached me, mentored me, and prayed for me throughout the entire program. Throughout the program my call to ministry has become clearer and there is no doubt that God uses the D.Min. program at Manna University in the lives of believers called to ministry.”
Effective Leaders Bring Lasting Impact
Jesus chose twelve leaders who were from differing backgrounds. Many religious leaders in that time would have overlooked them. Through teaching and training, He prepared them to lead a movement that changed the world. Whatever your call may be, training at Manna U can help you engage in this kind of transformational leadership.