Graduate Certificate in Christian Leadership
Solid biblical training from accomplished faculty with years of ministry experience.
This program of study provides essential training in organizational leadership with a focus on leading in a church or non-profit ministry context.
- Confront the student with the Word of God proclaiming humanity’s alienation from God and God’s work of redemption in Christ as found in the Hebrew and Christian Scriptures, and to explore ramifications of this gospel for the student’s personal life and the work of leadership in the context of the church and the world.
- Equip the student to lead with integrity grounded in a Judeo-Christian worldview and values system.
- Give the student an understanding of how to apply Christian and organizational leadership knowledge, theories, and skills within a global context.
Time & Cost
Many people would like to complete a degree and stay out of debt.
This program requires 8 courses (or 24 credit hours), which can be completed within 2 years for full-time students. Courses are offered on-campus or online (can be entirely online). Manna U’s low tuition rates enable students to receive solid biblical training from accomplished faculty with years of ministry experience and not be hindered financially.
Full details can be found in the 2022-2023 Graduate Academic Catalog.
|Course Number||Course Name||Credit Hours|
|MENG 500||Graduate Student Orientation||0|
|MBIB 602||Biblical Issues for Leadership||3|
|MLEA 501||Organizational Leadership||3|
|MLEA 502||Christian Leadership Development||3|
|MLEA 503||Strategic Leadership and Change||3|
|MLEA 504||Contemporary Leadership Issues||3|
|MLEA 601||Case Analyses for Organizational and Church Leadership||3|
|MLEA 602||Organizational Research and Analysis||3|
|MLEA 603||Global Leadership||3|
|Total Credit Hours:||24|
To become a student at Manna U, follow these two steps:
1. Complete an application, which includes:
- A non-refundable application fee of $50 (linked to application)
- An essay, written by the applicant, of his/her conversion experience (300-600 words), in a format that is typed and double spaced, using 12 pt. font size;
- A Pastoral Reference* from the Pastor of the church that the applicant regularly attends;
- A Personal Reference* from someone who has known you for two years or more and is not related to you.
* Applicants will enter an email address for their selected references and a link to the online reference forms will be sent once the application is submitted.
2. Order your official high school, G.E.D., or previous college transcripts (minimum 2.0 GPA is preferred).
Note: official transcripts are sent directly from one school/college to another. You can arrange to have your transcripts sent electronically to email@example.com, or a paper copy can be sent to our mailing address:
Attn: Registrar’s Office
439 Westwood Shopping Center
Fayetteville, NC 28314
All applicants applying for admission to one of Manna U’s graduate programs must submit official transcripts showing an earned undergraduate degree from an accredited institution, or an equivalent academic achievement approved by Manna U’s Academic Office. Students who plan to use military education benefits must submit transcripts from high school and all colleges attended.
Students who plan to use military education benefits must submit transcripts from high school and all colleges attended.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can you do with a degree in Christian Leadership?
A degree in Christian Leadership from Manna U helps prepare you for leadership roles in various environments, that may include leadership within a church, ministry, non-profit or for-profit organization. Basically, whatever environment you are in, this can help prepare you to lead people, teams, ministries, organizations, and/or businesses.
What type of courses are in the Christian Leadership programs?
These undergraduate courses include Bible and Theology, General Education, Ministry, as well as Christian Leadership courses. Some of those leadership courses include the following:
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Psychology of a Leader
- Foundations of Marketing
- Servant Leadership
- Introduction to Organizational Leadership
- Collaborative Teams and Innovation
Why should I choose Christian Leadership over the other majors?
The way into the future for the human race is effective good leadership. This is a broader program for those in leadership in various contexts. The other majors are more specific. If you feel called to preaching and biblical studies, the divinity program may be a better fit. The same with the intercultural, worship, and counseling programs, they are concentrated to those areas. Christian Leadership can help in all those fields since all need and have leadership components, but the focus in this program is preparing effective Christian leaders, no matter the area or field they are called.
Like most of today’s college students, Josh leads a busy life. Balancing family, work, and serving at his local church is a tough act, but he sensed the need to sharpen his leadership for effective Kingdom impact.
““I grew so much as a leader and flower of Jesus during my time in the MACL program. Great leaders, who have devoted their lives to learning, taught me how to lead from a biblical perspective and imparted to me a zeal and passion for learning.”
Effective Leaders Bring Lasting Impact
Jesus chose twelve leaders who were from differing backgrounds. Many religious leaders in that time would have overlooked them. Through teaching and training, He prepared them to lead a movement that changed the world. Whatever your call may be, training at Manna U can help you engage in this kind of transformational leadership.