Graduate Certificate in Christian Counseling
Solid biblical training from accomplished faculty with years of ministry experience.
This program of study is designed for non-clinical biblical counseling in a church context. It does not provide licensure or counseling certifications. The G.C.C.C. program does provide a foundation for students who desire to pursue further graduate studies in counseling or other related fields.
- Enable students to evaluate psychological theories by the authority of Scripture, helping them to articulate accurate biblical perspectives empirically validated by the model of human psychology.
- Enable students to understand the foundations of empirical research and the biological foundations of psychological experience.
- Help students to foster a spiritual, mental, emotional, and relational view of self growth and others through practical exposure and training in outside agency work.
Time & Cost
Many people would like to complete a degree and stay out of debt.
This program requires 8 courses (or 24 credit hours), which can be completed within 2 years for full-time students. Courses are offered on-campus or online (can be entirely online). Manna U’s low tuition rates enable students to receive solid biblical training from accomplished faculty with years of ministry experience and not be hindered financially.
Full details can be found in the 2022-2023 Graduate Academic Catalog.
|Course Number||Course Name||Credit Hours|
|MENG 500||Graduate Student Orientation||0|
|MBIB 602||Biblical Issues for Leadership||3|
|MCNS 504||Counseling Theory and Practice||3|
|MCNS 603||Counseling Ethics||3|
|MCNS 604||Counseling Techniques and Treatment Strategies||3|
|MCNS 605||Marriage and Family Counseling||3|
|MCNS 606||Trauma and Crisis Counseling||3|
|MLEA 601||Case Analyses for Organizational and Church Leadership||3|
|MLEA 602||Organizational Research and Analysis||3|
|Total Credit Hours:||24|
To become a student at Manna U, follow these two steps:
1. Complete an application, which includes:
- A non-refundable application fee of $50 (linked to application)
- An essay, written by the applicant, of his/her conversion experience (300-600 words), in a format that is typed and double spaced, using 12 pt. font size;
- A Pastoral Reference* from the Pastor of the church that the applicant regularly attends;
- A Personal Reference* from someone who has known you for two years or more and is not related to you.
* Applicants will enter an email address for their selected references and a link to the online reference forms will be sent once the application is submitted.
2. Order your official high school, G.E.D., or previous college transcripts (minimum 2.0 GPA is preferred).
Note: official transcripts are sent directly from one school/college to another. You can arrange to have your transcripts sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, or a paper copy can be sent to our mailing address:
Attn: Registrar’s Office
439 Westwood Shopping Center
Fayetteville, NC 28314
All applicants applying for admission to one of Manna U’s graduate programs must submit official transcripts showing an earned undergraduate degree from an accredited institution, or an equivalent academic achievement approved by Manna U’s Academic Office. Students who plan to use military education benefits must submit transcripts from high school and all colleges attended.
Students who plan to use military education benefits must submit transcripts from high school and all colleges attended.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the Bachelor of Arts in Christian Counseling grant me a license to be a clinical counselor?
The Bachelor of Arts in Christian Counseling does not grant licensure. A Master’s Degree is required to pursue licensure.
Does the Bachelor of Arts in Christian Counseling prepare me for graduate work in the Counseling field?
Yes. Our Bachelor of Arts in Christian Counseling program is designed as a rigorous program to prepare for graduate study.
What can I do with a Bachelor of Arts in Christian Counseling degree?
The Bachelor of Arts in Christian Counseling offers solid preparation for graduate study in Counseling or a related field, but also offers foundational training for those serving in non-clinical counseling environments, such as lay counseling in a church setting.
What is the difference between a Counseling degree and a Christian Counseling degree?
Our Christian Counseling degree offers education in Counseling from a distinctly Biblical worldview.
Are there any GPA requirements for the Bachelor of Arts in Christian Counseling Program?
Yes. To continue in the program, students must complete CNS 130- Introduction to Counseling, CNS 201- Counseling I, and CNS 301- Counseling II and earn a final grade of “B” or higher in order to remain in the program. Students who fail to do so may either retake the necessary course(s) or switch to a different Undergraduate program.
Like most of today’s college students, Deana leads a busy life. Finding time for studies was a challenge on top of family, work, and serving in her local church, but she sensed the need to be more prepared for her calling.
“God is using Manna U to mold me into the strong elite spiritual warrior that is properly prepared for ministry.”
Effective Leaders Bring Lasting Impact
Jesus chose twelve leaders who were from differing backgrounds. Many religious leaders in that time would have overlooked them. Through teaching and training, He prepared them to lead a movement that changed the world. Whatever your call may be, training at Manna U can help you engage in this kind of transformational leadership.