If a student submitting a grievance is not satisfied with the determination of this process, the matter will be brought to the Manna U President for further review and appropriate action. The President’s decision is final.
Student Complaint Procedures and Appeals
Procedure for Undergraduate and Graduate Student Complaints (Online and On-Campus)
Should a student have a complaint, the student should follow these steps:
- Students may submit a formal complaint regarding issues from the current or previous term of enrollment (should be within 20 business days of the incident).
- Official student grievances must be expressed via the Manna U Student Complaint Form (click the hyperlink).
- The Dean of Students or the appropriate designee will review the complaint and accompanying documentation and refer the complaint to the appropriate Manna U office (Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Academics, etc.).
- The leadership of the appropriate Manna U office will render a decision regarding the complaint and will notify the student of the decision via official Manna U email.
- If the student is not satisfied with the outcome of their initial complaint, they may appeal within 5 business days of the rendered decision while providing additional support/documentation for review.
- A second review will be completed by a higher authority whose decision will be considered final.
Contact the Dean of Students:
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by phone: 910-221-2224
- by mail:
439 Westwood Shopping Center
Fayetteville, NC 28314
Complaint Process for Manna U’s Accrediting Body and Government Agencies
If the person filing a grievance with Manna University does not feel the issue is being adequately addressed by Manna U, he/she may submit their complaint to the organizations provided below. Out-of-state students who wish to file a complaint with their home state should refer to the State Authorization Liaisons Per State responsible for handling complaints.
Grievance process for The Association for Biblical Higher Education
Manna U is accredited through the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE). ABHE’s Policy on Complaints Against an Institution or Accredited Program can be found on pages 101-105 of the Commission on Accreditation Manual (PDF). Grievances must be submitted using the ABHE Complaint Form (PDF).
Questions about complaints to the ABHE can be addressed in the following ways:
- by email: email@example.com
- by mail:
5850 T.G. Lee Boulevard, Suite 130
Orlando, FL 32822
ABHE’s website: https://www.abhe.org/
ABHE’s phone number: 407-207-0808
Grievance process for the United States Department of Education
Questions about complaints to the USDE can be addressed to the U.S. Department of Education Family Policy Compliance Office in the following ways:
- by phone: 1-800-872-5327
- by mail:
U.S. Department of Education
Family Policy Compliance Office
400 Maryland Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20202- 4605
USDE Family Policy Compliance Office website: https://www2.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa/index.html
NC Post-Secondary Education Complaint Process
If students are unable to resolve a complaint through the institution’s complaint procedures, they may also review the Student Complaint Policy (PDF) for North Carolina Post-Secondary Education institutions, print out and complete the Student Complaint Form (PDF), and submit the complaint to:
North Carolina Post-Secondary Education Complaints
c/o Student Complaints
223 S. West Street, Suite 1800Raleigh NC 27603
For more information, students can contact the NC Post-Secondary Education offices:
- by phone: (919) 962-4558
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- website: https://www.northcarolina.edu/post-secondary-education-complaints/
SARA-NC Complaint Process and Information
Students may also file a complaint through SARA-NC. SARA-NC is the portal for North Carolina.
North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority
c/o SARA North Carolina
P.O. Box 41349
Raleigh, NC 27629
- telephone: (855) SARA-1-NC (727-2162)
- telephone: 919-549-8614, ext. 4667
- email: email@example.com
- website: http://www.saranc.org
Link to SARA-NC Complaint Process: http://www.saranc.org/Complaint.html
Link to SARA-NC Complaint Form: http://www.saranc.org/docs/SARA-NC-ComplaintForm.pdf